Title: Technician I
Reports To: Company Owner
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Start Date: August 2015
Salary Level: Hourly based on skills and abilities
Primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs, and maintenance to a variety of equipment including refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers.
Essential Technical Knowledge Required:
1. Understands basic refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in the refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation, and charging.
2. Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase, and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multimeters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
3. Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
4. Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in a heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
Essential Work Skills Required:
1. Must have excellent written communications skills
2. Must possess excellent time management skills
3. Must have excellent oral communications skills
4. Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks
5. Must be able to deal with difficult people
6. Must have excellent organizational skills
7. Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
8. MUST BE PUNCTUAL!!! Lateness is not tolerated.
Technical Skills Required:
A Technician I must be able to install, repair, adjust, maintain and troubleshoot the following equipment:
1. Refrigerant controls (metering devices)
2. Hermetic compressors
3. Heat Pumps to 5-ton
4. Split systems to 5-ton
5. Packaged units to 5-ton
6. Ductless splits
7. Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
8. Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
9. Light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners and related controls (oil and gas)
10. Various types of water pumps
11. Intake and exhaust fans
12. Unit heaters (hot water, steam, and electric)
A Technician I must be able to proficiently perform the following tasks:
3. Basic heat load calculations
4. Basic heat loss calculations
Essential Overall Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must be able to build client confidence in a company.
2. Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
3. Complete work in a timely and workman like manner.
4. Maintain company tools in a professional manner.
Education and Work Experience:
1. Must have an Apprentice License and EPA Certification and at least six (6) months of trade-related work experience, OR.
2. Any similar combination of education and experience.
3. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
1. Must have a vehicle to get to work
2. On-call and overtime hours as needed
3. Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
4. Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
Or email your resume with hourly salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org